Thursday, August 1, 2013

Amateur summer

This summer has been my first legit summer with kids out of school.  Needless to say, I did zero planning and thought that things would be there normal organized chaos. Yeah...not so much. Hence the word amateur in the blog title. I have entered into a total fog this summer, that started with Evey's hospital stay at the beginning of July and it hasn't left me. The following is a list of things that prove I've lost my mind...

-I lose my phone in our house at least 2x a day and have to call the phone from my iPad to find it. 
-I left my target credit card at target and didn't realize it until a week later when I was checking out at target. On a side note - target cuts up cards that are not claimed within 24 hours....awesome. 
- I dropped my phone at the zoo and thankfully some worker found it at closing. 
-I've successfully left my wallet at both red robin and California pizza kitchen and not realized it for days.

However, there is a silver lining in me losing my mind. It's the beautiful thing that our kids are excelling and doing amazing in spite of the chaos.
   I take them hiking and everyone's blown away at their friendliness and endurance climbing big mountains. 

We take them on spontaneous hotel trips and they behave like champions and have no issues within sharing a bed. 



Owen and Eli have taught themselves to swim. Owen did because he was ready and Eli did it because he accidentally jumped in the big pool without his life jacket. Ends up Eli can swim if his life depended on it. 


My favorite part about our kids is that they look out for one another. Yes, they can fight full on MMA style at any given moment; but if anyone messes with one or the other, they will gang up and take that person out. It's so fabulous to watch. 



I know these 4 amazing little people are so loved by The Lord and that he will always look out for them regardless of the chaos that life throws at them. 

Now, if anyone has seen my mind, will you please contact me and return it as soon as possible.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment