It was a quick, no biggie procedure and its amazing how you learn to not even flinch at the minor ones now, especially after the big ones we've had and also knowing what's coming in August with her spinal rods being put in. That one is going to be a doozy.
- A young mom adjusting the huge pink bow on her 6 year old daughter's bald, cancer-stricken head.
- Another Mom and Dad reading a dragon book to their 10 year old boy for an hour straight while waiting, all so he wouldn't get nervous while waiting for his surgery.
- A grey-haired anesthesiologist making monkey noises to a little Hispanic boy who couldn't speak English while carrying him back to the OR. The little boy was laughing hysterically.
- A couple waiting patiently with their daughter with cerebral palsy, all while brushing her hair and stroking her head.
- A grandma of a fussy baby, holding and rocking the boy, while the exhausted couple ran down to the cafeteria to get breakfast.
- Walking in post-op to see Evey being held by the nicest nurse, who said she wanted to snuggle with her all day