Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A hospital dream

Dear Eli,

It was almost 6 years ago that your Dad and I were in the hospital having your big brother, Owen.  Owen was just born and we spent our first night in the hospital checking on your premature brother in the NICU.  The next morning, your Dad told me a dream he had about you.  He said that Owen was just a little one year old stumbling around and he saw Owen walk up to a little baby boy in the corner of our living room.  Your Dad knew that you were anxious to get here to be with your brother. I was a little shocked about the dream, because Owen was just 1 day old, but true to form, 10.5 months later you came to join our family.

Eli, we love you so much.  You are still our bear.  You are a bruiser of a boy and are fiercely defensive of anyone messing with your brother and sisters.  You always call Zoey and Owen, my sister and my brother.  When things get too serious around the house, you start yelling your made-up words to get a laugh out of everyone.  You're always looking for the humor in everything, just like your Dad.  I love how you have an opinion and how you know what you want, even as a 5 year old.  You also have some special gifts, that few people see under your big boy exterior.  You are secretly super smart, you love to learn, and at the end of the day, it's really important that your friends behave in church and at school.  You always have a perfect memory.  You remember places that we went to years ago, and you'll hold us to any promises we've made from weeks before.

Elijah, you'll always have a special place in my heart, because you're just like your Dad.  And I happen to love your Dad and think he's the greatest guy there is, so naturally I am loving watching you grow up and figure this life thing out.  I'm so impressed with you and I hope you know how blessed you've been with all the gifts and talents the Lord has given you.  Remember how loved you are and how unique you are and you'll do amazing things now and in the future.  We love you always Eli bear!

Love,
Mom and Dad






No comments:

Post a Comment