Saturday, March 2, 2013

I like us!

Nate and I were alone for the first time in 9 months. If you would have told me one year ago that Nate & I would go that long without being alone, I would have laughed in your face. Don't get me wrong, we love our kids(aka the locos), but we are really obsessed with one another and would rather be alone with each other than doing anything else. We finally got brave and the stars all aligned so that we could spend the entire day skiing and snowboarding. And by stars aligning, I mean my saintly sister-in-law Kara decided she'd add 4 more kids onto her 4 kids for the day, including one that's connected to a feeding tube 24-7, she really is a super star. 

To say it was a magical day would be an understatement. I never realized how my mind is always constantly thinking about Evey and the rest of the kids.  As we were riding the ski lift up, my mind was clear and I was able to snuggle with Nate and enjoy the beautiful spring weather and just be present next to him without thinking about anything else.  Snowboarding was my first love before I met Nate so to be able to combine my past love and my now forever love was heaven, even if he does ski.  Ends up Nate's a phenomenal skiier and he can keep up with me just fine on the board, which also made it even more enjoyable.

I like the Nate & Cally show.  When we first got married, we went on a double date with our favorite friends who are both introverts and as we were driving home, we laughed how we both just blab constantly and talk over one another all the time.  Two extroverts getting married, hence we gave ourselves the name The Nate & Cally show. He is my perfect, perfect match.  He was made for me and I was made for him.  I love how even with our new life, he is even more committed to me and our family.  He is ever so patient with the new tired me and yet will call me out when he knows I'm about to go down a road that does not benefit anyone. During our late nights we often talk about relationships and how Love is the easy part.   Like is the part that takes work.  Do you like someone enough to want to be with them rather than friends, family, kids, work, hobbies? Do you like their stories, their interests, and respect their whole being?  So, yes Nate, I love you wholely and completely - to eternity and beyond.  But more importantly...

I like you Natronius and I choose you and only you.   



1 comment:

  1. Loved this post - you gave me chills Cal. What an incredible adventure we find ourselves on, and you two are showing us all how to do it right. And I am being presumptuous that we are the introverts you are talking about :) - for the record, we love being entertained by the Nate and Cally show.

    The love and like distinction is so true - and I am so blessed to feel the same as you - I really LIKE that other introvert :).

    ReplyDelete