Wednesday, September 5, 2012

And then there were 2

Once upon a time 4 years ago, I had just gave birth to Owen at 34 weeks. We knew he had a nicu stay ahead of him so we buckled down in anticipation of a road unknown. The second night we were in the hospital Nate woke up and told me about a dream he had. Owen was learning to walk while there was a baby boy laying in the corner. Unfortunately for Nate he got the typical 2 day postpartum reaction, I told him he was crazy. Fast forward 6 weeks to my postpartum check up and wouldn't ya know, I was pregnant.
10.5 months after Owen was born, Eli came superman style Into this world (fist-first). During that first year we talked about how they'd both be in preschool at the same time, and it seemed like light years away. Well, the light years have arrived and the boys are both officially in preschool and are on the same soccer team. I'm not a nostalgic person, but there's the mom inside of me that's wanting to press pause for a moment, just so I can fully appreciate the boys growing up. I love these little dudes and I can't wait to watch them go on their missions together and take care of their sisters.

Heaven help the other members of their soccer team, they have no idea what's coming.

1 comment:

  1. No way! It really does feel like yesterday that we were peeking in Owen's crib while you were preggers with Eli..... Go 'futbol!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete