Thursday, August 9, 2012

The little things...























The kids are obviously having a hard time without us. This is Zoe's nose getting her spaghetti on while we're away. I love the dance she does in the video. Being a foodie is definitely a genetic trait. Heaven help our family down in St. George watching the fearsome threesome. I'm sure our kids are loving life and would love it if they could spend the rest of their lives being entertained by cousins and family members forever.


Evey lady is doing good today. She'll hopefully be coming home tomorrow on oxygen and a nose feeding tube(no washing bottles for 2 weeks - yah-uh!). We'll keep her at home for two weeks and let her recover from her crazy surgery and then on Aug. 27th we'll do more surgery and start all over again.


For now, I feel overwhelming gratitude. Here's a laundry list of why:


-A nurse who was an old college roommate putting a bow on Evey during her night shift.


-Neighbors mowing our lawn while we're away


-Lots and lots of brownies


-Delicious homemade meals


-Another neighbor sending their teenagers down to watch our kids on a sunday afternoon


-The countless prayers from friends and family


-A very well respected doctor telling us we're on the pedastal of parents


-A Sudanese janitor in the picu that always asks about our daughter when he comes to mop the floor


-Family watching our three toddlers for a week while we do Evey time


-Cousins who lay on the floor with our Evey and hold her hand and stare at her


-Family replenishing our food supply while we're away


-Hires Cheeseburgers


-Nieces and Nephews who sit in the car with our kids while I run into the store to do errands


-Parents who are proud of us


-A sister across the country teaching me how to blog


-A family that understands the eternal perspective that Evey's spirit brings


-A husband that loves me and is still attracted to me even when I wax my eyebrows unevenly when I'm in a rush, even though I know I look ridiculous.


Really, the list goes on and on and on and on. There was an episode of Community where they were debating whether man is inherently good or evil. I'm here to tell you without a doubt that Man is so so good.


-Cally


Sorry about the sporadic pictures, still haven't figured that out.







4 comments:

  1. Cally, thank you for your blog today. I think Evey is going to touch many people with her sweet spirit and her trials that may be in her future. She must have special parents to be sharing their experiences with gratitude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll they're right. You ARE on a pedestal for being such great parents. Love you and love your counting of blessings :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your list. Steve and I have little Evey and your entire family in our thoughts and prayers always. You guys are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't stop laughing at the eyebrows and Community reference...
    Yes, your list of gratitude is the best I've ever read. Just when I thought I couldn't be more grateful for what you guys have brought to my life, you go and take your awesomeness to a "whole 'nother level."

    ReplyDelete